CapitolRiver Council, an official advisory group to the City Council, represents and works in partnership with all District 17 stakeholders to act on urban planning and community building efforts as part of a shared vision to support sustainable, safe, healthy, and vibrant neighborhoods.
Please consider making a donation of any amount to support our work: Make a donation to CRC (via Mighty Cause)
About CapitolRiver Council
CapitolRiver Council is one of the 17 district councils for the City of Saint Paul. CRC is a private, 501(c)3 non-profit organization that exists to engage residents, business owners, workers and property owners in issues and projects that affect downtown Saint Paul and the Capitol area.
- Sign up to become a member of CapitolRiver Council. Downtown and Capitol-area residents, building owners, business owners and workers become a voting member by attending one meeting per year. Voting members are eligible to seek election to the CRC Board of Directors. By becoming a member, you are agreeing to receive emails from CRC, and you are agreeing to follow the CRC Code of Conduct.
- Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Map of District 17 (includes Downtown Saint Paul, the Capitol area south of University Avenue, Regions Hospital, The Minnesota History Center, and residences around Cathedral Hill Park)
- CRC Bylaws (updated April 27, 2021)
- CRC Policy and Procedures
- Read more about Saint Paul's district councils and Community Engagement Program
- Read more about CRC
All meetings are conducted via Zoom videoconference, unless otherwise noted.
All CRC meetings are open to the public. The following rules of procedure are used, so that everyone has a chance to participate:
- Turn off or silence cell phones.
- Wait to be recognized by the meeting facilitator before speaking.
- Only one person speaks at a time.
- Keep comments brief.
- Keep comments to the agenda item that is being discussed.
- When you have given your opinion or asked a question, allow others time to give their opinion or ask a question before speaking again.
- Avoid making personal attacks or using disrespectful or offensive language.
August 4, 2022, Public Realm Committee, 5 PM-6:30 PM, via Zoom
- Icebreaker Question: What is your favorite summer fruit or vegetable and your favorite way to enjoy it?
Informational & Discussion
- Lower Landing Park improvement update: A representative with the City of Saint Paul will be on hand to discuss planned improvements to Lower Landing Park.
- Viking cruise ships are arriving in St Paul! Do you have questions or concerns? I will be gathering questions to pass along to Experience the Twin Cities who is working with Visit Saint Paul and Viking River Cruises to manage logistics.
- Listening House Proposal for former Savoy building on East 7th Street
- Proposed resolution by Tom Erickson, CRC and BOMA board member: The St. Paul City Council recently waived the 45-day public notification period and approved a $1.4 million “forgivable” loan to the Listening House for the purchase and remodeling of the Red’s Savoy location. The CapitolRiver Council is supportive of the concept of adequate public notification and input in the issues which will affect our neighborhoods. Therefore be it resolved the CapitolRiver Council objects to the City Council’s waiver of the public notification period for the approval a $1.4 million loan to the Listening House.
- August 1, 2022 Pioneer Press article about the Listening House project
Zoom Meeting link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85073971890?pwd=a0k5UHZGUWZpcEVBc0JlQjZZMzdKdz09
Meeting ID: 850 7397 1890
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,85073971890# US (Washington DC) 13126266799,,85073971890#
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kckO3KcPRC
August 9, 2022, Development Review Committee
- Presentation / Discussion by Downtown Alliance Staff on the report titled "The Value of Downtowns: Comparisons," prepared by the International Downtown Association. Please read the report, which is found on the Downtown Alliance website. The purpose of the discussion will be to generate ideas for priorities for Downtown Saint Paul.
Zoom meeting link:
Meeting ID: 861 4057 4073
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,86140574073# US (Chicago)
August 26, 2022, Skyway Governance Advisory Committee, 9:00 AM-10:30 PM
- Updates Q&A with Saint Paul Police Department and Metro Transit Police
- Updates Q&A with City of Saint Paul Department of Safety and Inspections (DSI)
- Review City of Saint Paul Skyway policy statement (last updated in 2006) - is this still accurate, or should changes be considered?
- Other items may be added
- Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 832 1931 5937
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,83219315937# US (Washington DC)
+19292056099,,83219315937# US (New York)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kLY8sYbhJ