CapitolRiver Council, an official advisory group to the City Council, represents and works in partnership with all District 17 stakeholders to act on urban planning and community building efforts as part of a shared vision to support sustainable, safe, healthy, and vibrant neighborhoods.
Please consider making a donation of any amount to support our work: Make a donation to CRC (via Mighty Cause)
About CapitolRiver Council
CapitolRiver Council is one of the 17 district councils for the City of Saint Paul. CRC is a private, 501(c)3 non-profit organization that exists to engage residents, business owners, workers and property owners in issues and projects that affect downtown Saint Paul and the Capitol area.
- Sign up to become a member of CapitolRiver Council. Downtown and Capitol-area residents, building owners, business owners and workers become a voting member by attending one meeting per year. Voting members are eligible to seek election to the CRC Board of Directors. By becoming a member, you are agreeing to receive emails from CRC, and you are agreeing to follow the CRC Code of Conduct.
- Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Map of District 17 (includes Downtown Saint Paul, the Capitol area south of University Avenue, Regions Hospital, The Minnesota History Center, and residences around Cathedral Hill Park)
- CRC Bylaws (updated April 27, 2021)
- CRC Inclusion Plan (adopted January 25, 2022)
- CRC Policy and Procedures
- Read more about Saint Paul's district councils and Community Engagement Program
- Read more about CRC
All meetings are conducted via Zoom videoconference, unless otherwise noted.
All CRC meetings are open to the public. The following rules of procedure are used, so that everyone has a chance to participate:
- Turn off or silence cell phones.
- Wait to be recognized by the meeting facilitator before speaking.
- Only one person speaks at a time.
- Keep comments brief.
- Keep comments to the agenda item that is being discussed.
- When you have given your opinion or asked a question, allow others time to give their opinion or ask a question before speaking again.
- Avoid making personal attacks or using disrespectful or offensive language.
February 2, 2023, Public Realm Committee, 5 PM-6:30 PM, via Zoom
- Icebreaker Question: Do you attend the Saint Paul Winter Carnival? What's your favorite event?
Informational & Discussion
- A representative with the St Paul Parks and Recreation Department will be with us to discuss their 10 year parks plan and downtown parks specifically.
- Update on Pedro Park, including design concepts and an upcoming public meeting on Monday, Feb. 6.
- Would you or anyone you know like to be the next Public Realm Committee Chair or Co-chair? Please consider taking on this important volunteer role!
Zoom Meeting link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85073971890?pwd=a0k5UHZGUWZpcEVBc0JlQjZZMzdKdz09
Meeting ID: 850 7397 1890
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,85073971890# US (Washington DC) 13126266799,,85073971890#
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kckO3KcPRC
February 6, 2023, 4 PM-6:30 PM, Pedro Park Open House
- In-person event at Osborn 370, 4th Floor - Lake Superior Room
You are invited to an open house on Monday, Feb. 6, to review new designs for Pedro Park, which will guide the City’s work in creating an interim park design after the demolition of the City’s Public Safety Annex.
The City of Saint Paul will be demolishing the Public Safety Annex building at 100 10th Street E, and the Department of Parks and Recreation has the opportunity to expand Pedro Park. Updated concepts have been prepared for the larger park site, and staff are looking for your feedback on the plans.
An open house will be held on Monday February 6 from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m at the Osborn 370 Building (370 Wabasha Street N), on 4th floor in the Lake Superior Room. If needed, a short presentations will be offered at 5:00 and 6:00 p.m. The interim park improvements will be implemented until the full buildout of the park can be funded.
For questions about the meeting or need translation or access assistance, please contact Bryan Murphy at [email protected] or 651-266-6411.
February 24, 2023 Skyway Governance Advisory Committee
Meeting ID: 832 1931 5937
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,83219315937# US (Washington DC)
+19292056099,,83219315937# US (New York)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kLY8sYbhJ