The Skyway Governance Advisory Committee (SGAC) exists to engage the public and to develop recommendations about issues and policies that involve the skyway system in Downtown Saint Paul. The committee discusses wayfinding and signage, hours of operation (including requests to temporarily close skyways), safety issues, accessibility, maintenance, heating and cooling, and other issues related to the skyways.
Committee members are appointed by the CRC officers, and they are intended to represent a broad range of stakeholders and interests, so that we can find consensus among people with different perspectives. The voting membership should at least include:
- Downtown residents,
- Accessibility advocates,
- Representatives of Downtown visitors (Visit Saint Paul officials and / or representatives of hotels, restaurants, or entertainment venues)
- Representatives of businesses (Saint Paul Area Chamber and / or downtown business owners / managers)
Downtown building owners (members of Saint Paul Building Owners and Managers Association and / or other representatives of building owners)
- Youth advocates, and
- Representatives of organizations that provide social services.
The committee's recommendations are sent to the Skyway Work Group, which is led by the Ward 2 City Council member and is comprised of City staff whose duties and responsibilities are essential for implementing changes (including the City Dept. of Safety and Inspections, Saint Paul Police Dept., and City Attorney's Office).
For more information about the committee, please contact the CRC Executive Director.
Meeting Agendas and Notes
September 27, 2019 Meeting Notes
- Request to close Skyway to the public at 333 on The Park
- Section 140.09 - Safety requirements: Request for ideas regarding 911 call boxes or similar emergency notification system in the skyways
- August 23, 2019 Meeting Notes
- July 26, 2019 Meeting Notes
- April 26, 2019 Meeting Notes
- March 22, 2019 Meeting Notes
- January 25, 2019 Meeting Notes