Schedule: First Thursday of the month, 5 to 6:30 p.m., in 180 East 5th, Skyway Level Conference Room B, unless otherwise noted.
Co-Chairs: Jauston-Charles Campbell and Jonathan Reisetter
The Public Realm Committee identifies concerns, issues, and related goals on topics that relate to public spaces, including parks, transportation, public safety, and other quality-of-life / livability issues. Committee members develop recommendations on these topics by discussing questions, such as:
- What is the problem we are trying to address?
- What are potential solutions or ways to address the problem?
- What stands in our way?
- Who could help us learn about this?
- Who else is interested in this issue (specific people or other organizations)?
- What are the major tasks that are needed to develop recommendations and would take substantial time to complete?
Recent Committee Updates
At the March 7, 2019 committee meeting, the following priorities were set:
1. Parks, green space, green things (planters, other ways of adding plants instead of concrete) and public art
2. Public safety, issues related to security cameras, and other police / public safety issues
3. Large-scale projects such as the proposed River Balcony