CAPITOLRIVER COUNCIL COMMITTEES
Please view the Calendar for schedules of the committee meetings. All CapitolRiver Council Committee Meetings are open to the public, so if you see a topic that interests you, please join us!
Arts, Culture, and Entertainment
- The arts are a vital part of downtown Saint Paul and for that reason the CapitolRiver Council has established an Arts, Culture & Entertainment Committee to coordinate and oversee arts development and events in the neighborhood. This Committee will have responsibility for literary, creative, performing and visual arts in downtown Saint Paul, and in building relationships for CapitolRiverCouncil in these areas. The Arts Committee will continue to make sure that downtown Saint Paul is a place that welcomes artists and arts projects. Arts Committee members will collaborate with the City of Saint Paul on public art policies, bridge connections with local artists and arts organizations, and advocate for artist-friendly neighborhoods downtown.
- Chair: Bill Hosko & Ed Coleman
- Meetings: Every fourth Wednesday of the month @ 8:30 AM.
Committee reviews downtown development projects to ensure benefit, sensitivity and compatibility with our downtown community and vitality.
- Chair: John Mannillo
- Meetings: Second Tuesday at 7:30 AM.
Monitors the big picture goals and long-term functioning of CapitolRiver Council by ensuring bylaw and legal compliance of all organizational activities and providing guidance and oversight for operations.
Lowertown Ballpark Design & Construction
Throughout the project, the Lowertown Ballpark project team will work closely with the LBDCC to ensure that the ballpark enhances the historic and artistic character of the neighborhood. The committee provides a forum for community input throughout the design and construction process. The committee’s focus is to maintain a livable and economically viable neighborhood throughout the construction process and after the ballpark is operational.
- Chair: Bill Thurmes
- Meetings: Third Wednesday of the month @ 5 PM.
Marketing & Fundraising
Committee raises visibility of CapitolRiver Council and supports the work of committees. The Committee also assists with increasing the operational and service capacity of CapitolRiver Council by raising funds from multiple sources.
- Chair: Jonathan Hatch
- Meetings: Fourth Friday of the month @ 3:30 PM
The Committee is working to engage the community in resolving current and persistent parking challenges, creating a comprehensive parking plan for downtown going forward, and addressing future parking issues as they arise.
- Chair: Tom Erickson
Skyway Governance Advisory Committee
Committee strives to improve all things Skyway and review applications for variance to the skyway hours. Committee has 7 voting members, but all are welcome to participate in the discussions.
- Chair: Andy Flamm
- Meetings: Every other month on the fourth Friday at 9AM.
Public Realm Committee
Information soon to follow.
- Chair: Rev. Bill England
Information soon to follow.
- Chair: Paul Mandell
Other Volunteer Opportunities
These are the behind-the-scenes volunteers that keep CapitolRiver Council running smoothly. Help with project specific work, including events planning, office clean-up and staffing informational table at events. If you are interested in volunteering please contact our office for more information.