The CapitolRiver Council advocates on behalf of District 17 residents, workers and property owners by identifying issues, engaging in conversations among people with different interests and perspectives, and making recommendations based on consensus.
We define an issue as a question or problem that the Saint Paul City Council (and / or Mayor, staff, appointed officials, etc.) could do something about, AND that CRC could engage stakeholders in discussions about that would lead to one or more recommendations being made.
Each CRC committee regularly engages in discussions about issues. Here are some examples:
Development Review Committee:
- Should the City make changes to signage regulations?
Public Realm Committee:
- What improvements should be made to downtown parks?
- Where are there opportunities to increase parkland and / or green space downtown?
Skyway Governance Advisory Committee:
- What can be done to improve wayfinding and accessibility in the skyways?
- Can the skyway use permit process be streamlined, to make it easier to coordinate activities in the skyways?