- This event has passed.
Bylaws Committee Meeting
October 17, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
This special meeting will give members an opportunity to discuss additions and revisions to the CRC bylaws.
Members are invited to submit ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail or in person to:
180 East 5th Street, Suite 260
Saint Paul, MN 55101
PROCEDURES TO SUBMIT
1. Only CRC Members may submit ideas (Members are urged to review the CRC bylaws posted online before submitting).
2. Ideas MUST be received no later than Sunday, October 8, at midnight.
3. Ideas must conform to various revision rules.
a. Ideas for revisions must remain within the scope of the bylaw being addressed (this means ideas to omit a particular bylaw or change it outside of its scope and intent cannot be considered).
The bylaw being referenced should be written out, followed by the idea for revision.
b. Ideas for addendums/additions to the body of the bylaws cannot alter the intent of any by-law.
PROCEDURES ONCE IDEAS ARE RECEIVED
1. The by-laws committee will review ideas to ensure they conform to the laws governing the CRC and that the idea is within the scope of the by-laws.
2. The Board of Directors will review the ideas accepted and offer a suggestion to accept or reject.
3. The Member submitting the idea will be requested to explain how the idea supports the mission and operation of the CRC.
4. Members present at the Special Meeting on Oct 26, 2017 will discuss the ideas and vote to accept or reject the idea as an amendment.
5. Ideas passed by a 2/3 vote of Members present will be adopted.