There are 36 boards and commissions that advise City elected officials and staff and help shape policy. These are critical leadership roles within our community and excellent opportunities for emerging leaders. All candidates are welcome to apply.
Here is a list of boards and commissions with current or forthcoming openings:
- Advisory Committee on Aging
- Advisory Committee – People with Disabilities
- Board of Water Commissioners
- Board of Zoning Appeals
- Business Review Council
- Capital Improvement Budget Committee
- Civil Service Commission
- Community Health Services Advisory Committee
- Cultural STAR Board
- Heritage Preservation Commission
- Human Rights & Equal Economic Opportunity Commission (HREEO)
- Neighborhood STAR Program
- Parks and Recreation Commission
- Planning Commission
- RiverCentre Convention and Visitors Authority
- Saint Paul Neighborhood Network
- Truth in Sale of Housing Board of Evaluators
Interested parties can apply via the city’s website using the application found here: https://www.stpaul.gov/departments/mayors-office/committees-boards-and-commissions/boards-and-commissions-listing-and. This page also has detailed information about the boards listed above and some information about the appointment process.
The priority deadline for consideration for appointment is 11:59pm on Sunday, April 22nd. However, all applications will be considered until the vacancies are filled.